The Anthology’s Workspace column takes us inside the creative spaces of some very creative people.
Being a publicist can be hectic. Between the event planning and the talent management and securing press for clients, it’s no wonder Carine Redmond fuels her days with hidden candy stashes.
In her own words the Vancouver-based publicist — whose clients include Rebecca Bree — takes us through her workspace, concert tickets, gummy worms and all…
1. I love this globe from Country Furniture (the blue is perfect) and I rotate my coffee table books depending on what I’m working on at the moment.
2. My vintage desk is my very favourite office piece, it’s mint green and spring-y and fresh and so cute. It is originally from the Sutton Place Hotel and was repurposed for auction at the Vancouver Home + Design Show this fall. [As part of the Upcycle Competition! A little disappointed to see you’re not working on top of my revamped kitchen stools, but I’ll forgive you, Carine — Kelsey]
3. This heart print by Vancouver-based artist Sarah Edmunds is from The Cross — I bought five to give out as gifts. I love hearts – I have two heart tattoos and love seeing this giant print at my workspace.
4. Staying current is part of my job. I’m never without an US or In Style magazine and am still addicted to magazine tear outs and mood boards. I’m also big on visuals so posting client coverage and favourite things as inspiration works for me.
5. To Do Folder and Organizer – I keep mail (think bills!), receipts (think invoicing!), names of contacts and clients and concert tickets (think Springsteen!) in one place so I can keep track of everything.
6. I love candy, I cant’t help it. I keep it at my desk, stash it in my purse and even store an emergency supply in my freezer (my good friend Libby taught me this trick and I’m addicted). Plus, milk duds and gummy bears come in very handy for hungry talent!
P.S. Get a peek at Carine’s latest projects here.
P.P.S. Creep the creative spaces of some very creative people, like Erica Lam of The Style Spy, Niki Blasina of A Haute Mess, and Anya Georgijevic of I’m the It Girl in The Anthology’s Workspace column.
Great feature! I had the opportunity to intern with Carine years ago – she was such an inspiration; I learned so much from her!
Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca
Kate — That’s amazing! You can’t beat a great mentor.
[…] for bringing back The Anthology’s Workspace column. The Vancouver-based publicist’s gummy worm-covered desk was one of my favourite features back in the day. And when that Facebook memory popped up in my […]