The Anthology’s Workspace column takes us inside the creative spaces of some very creative people.
She blogs, she vlogs, she bakes. Melissa Knight, better known as Miss Melissa, is the bubbly blonde behind the personal style site named, well, Miss Melissa.
In her own words she takes us through her closet/desk/vanity…
1. I had two options when deciding where to create a work space in my suite. Option one was in the kitchen where I would be arms length away from snacks and option two was in my closet. Taking into consideration my love for snacking and the fact that the room I turned into a closet was technically supposed to be a den to begin with, I opted to put my desk in my closet.
2. My brother framed one of the photos I took of our gorgeous city and gave it to my for Christmas. It’s really the only nice thing he’s ever done for me so I have it hanging above my desk as a reminder that miracles really do happen. No, I’m just kidding. I just really love how he framed the photo.
3. My desk moonlights as my vanity so it’s also where I keep my jewelry. I’m admittedly not huge on accessories so most of the time they are just sparkly decorations.
4. My laptop. The one place my work life and blog life unite. If someone ever steals my laptop they are going to be really confused as to what the heck I do.
5. I’m in a constant struggle over whether or not I want to fully embrace technology (no seriously, it took me years to switch from VHS to DVDs). I love my iphone and I use my laptop all the time but there is something about making to do lists or jotting ideas down in a notebook that just makes me so happy.
6. I always have work and blog business cards on me because I never know who I will run into. Sometimes I’ll bribe someone into taking one of my blog business cards by offering them a Big Mac card with it.
7. Caffeine in a pretty mug. Need I say more?
P.S. Click your way to Miss Melissa to see the fruits of her workspace.
P.P.S. Check out the first post in The Anthology’s Workspace column and find out how Niki Blasina of A Haute Mess smells when she blogs. Click through the second post to find out where Anya Georgijevic of I’m the It Girl started her footwear obsession. Find out how Kumiko Ide of Tribal DDB keeps her workspace fresh to death. Take a look at jewelry designer Justine Brooks’ works in progress and her favourite places to work very, very remotely. Take a look at Lisa Wong of Solo Lisa’s cat-decorated desk, Anna Cohen’s converted stable in Denmark, and Alicia Quan’s yellow suitcase desk storage is definitely an idea worth stealing. And peep the latest Workspace post: Erica Lam’s desk, where nail polishes outnumber books 2:1.