Forget the red roses and champagne, Valentine’s Day is at its best when it’s all about colourful, candy-ful fun.
1. Skip the virtual Valentines and courier a heart-shaped cookie to your SO, BFF or DOG (that last one isn’t an acronym).
2. Eat red and pink meals all day — you could pick from this list or you could just chow down on handful after handful of red almond M&Ms (for protein, duh!).
3. Make a playlist for tonight called Songs to Make West Coast Whoopee to. Oh hey… I’ve done that for you!
4. Watch Sofia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette, because love ain’t always pretty, but pastel dresses and macarons are.
5. Rock red and pink! And to make sure people know you’re not being trendy, but Valentines-y, you might want to paint your face with hearts too.
6. Put the ale in Valentine’s Day (now that’s a genius marketing campaign!) — ditch the dudes and go for a drink with your ladyfriends.
7. Challenge your inner Shakespeare to write a better love poem than last year’s. How you are going to top “Roses are red, violets are blue, if you were a nose, I’d totally pick you” I don’t know. But now’s the perfect time to start trying!
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!