Tis the season to shop for others. Tis the season to shop for others. I’m hoping if I repeat it often enough, it’ll stick. I’ve never been very good at buying for other people. But you know who is? Courtney Starheim of C Star Events. Event planner and gift-giver extraordinaire, she shares with us her picks for the hostess with the mostest.
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
For the fun loving hostess who rocks out to Brenda Lee while preparing appetizers, mixing drinks, and answering the door (among other party-related tasks).
1. Note Cards are one of the best gifts to receive; pretty stationery is such a nice thing to have on hand. This set — by Vancouver-based Pink Door Paper Company — is particularly sweet. [$10 for a set of 6].
2. Pinatas that sparkle like disco balls are the perfect addition to any party. No longer reserved for the kids’ table, pinatas are a fantastic way to incorporate personality. The Confetti System makes this beauty. [$140].
3. Another fun gift idea is a Mixology Book. “Vintage Cocktails” found on Amazon is on my wish list. [$50].
4. Journals are a great way to capture memories from parties throughout the year. Guests can sign these pages and jot down quotes, inside jokes, and other fun quips which will no doubt evoke laughter and memories when read back at future events. Isn’t this one from Anthropologie beautiful? [$18.00]
5. Bubbly is a party staple and a unique alternative to gifting a bottle of wine. Elephant Island’s “Pink Elephant” is a crowd favourite; who doesn’t love pink champagne?
6. French Macaroons are en vogue; however, they are not the easiest treat to find (at least in cupcake-crazy Vancouver). If you are able to pick up a box (these lovelies are from Thomas Haas), your hostess will be forever grateful.
Bearing gifts like these, you’d be welcome at my place any time, Courtney! Tomorrow: part two of the gift guide!
Great tips! I never would have thought of the notecards on my own!
I think I need that Pink Champagne. How much is that puppy? And where could I find it? I just bought a recipe book on making Macaroons from Anthropologie. I have yet to attempt the recipes!
Great ideas! I have a few hostesses (for the upcoming holidays) who I feel will be pleasantly surprised by one of these many great ideas!
My favourite- Champagne paired with the journal —maybe every one writes in a toast to the hostess, or a wish, or answers some key question :)
Looking forward to part two.
Great ideas! I like the glitter pinatas…will try to bring one back from Mexico for New Years…
Ooh, how I adore this post! Shopping for others is one of my favorite things – especially when it is female others (I have yet to master the art of shopping for boys)! :P
Gorgeous gift ideas, darling!
[…] Contact Tis the season to shop for others […]
Great ideas! Macarons especially would make me a very happy hostess. ;)