And when you pass along awards? I just want to give you a big virtual hug.
I received the Stylish Blogger award from not one, but two of the most inspiring people in the blogosphere: Dream Sequins and Hauteworld, who tagged me to list the 10 things that create my unique style. So here we go:
1. I mix and match shamelessly.
2. I’m probably wearing your grandma’s old brooch.
3. I will wear my husband’s shirts, my sister’s shoes and my mom’s old necklaces. Together.
4. I like jewel tones. I have fair, fair skin so light colours can easily send my complexion into zombie territory.
5. I think the perfect outfit is made of a dress from Value Village and shoes from Holt Renfrew.
6. I’m probably wearing your grade school teacher’s skirt.
7. Costume jewelry is my best friend, but I’m also really good friends with jewelry jewelry.
8. I wear my skirts short.
9. I douse myself in Stella by Stella McCartney.
10. I love when clothes and accessories remind me of far-off places, which is why I tend to shop more when I’m traveling.
I’d like to pass it along to a few glamourous bloggers: Shoes from Around the Globe (you blow my mind every day), Cafe Fashionista (your blog always make me laugh), Couture Carrie (you have such an eye), It’s a Beautiful Life (I wouldn’t have started the Anthology if it weren’t for you) and Option8 (your posts are dazzling, dahling).
The ridiculously kind Shoes From Around the Globe passed along the Circle of Friends award, which I’d like to award to my blogging BFFs (my BBFFs, if you will): Haute World (even though reading your blog tortures me), Dream Sequins (you are the one who is beyond gorgeous), Vancity Allie (you make me want to spend more time outdoors), Room 907 (I love you, man), The Extrovert (even though you’re my sister, you can still be my friend).
What would I do without you guys? No really. What would I do? Cook more?