A post created in partnership with Caya
You know what the holidays are? Major gift-giving pressure. How do you surprise and — more importantly — delight your girlfriends, boyfriends and dog-walker friends? These unexpected finds scouted at Caya should do the trick.
1. Fuji Finepix XF1 ($449.99) Think I take all the photos for The Anthology on my phone? Heck no. You need a proper camera to get proper photos. And here’s a bonus: the Fuji Finepix FX1 looks as sharp as its shots.
2. Diana F+ Camera ($89.99) A modern take on the lo-fi camera Andy Warhol used, the Diana F+ uses real film, which means you’ll actually end up with real prints.
3. PKG Black Crown Collection Case Your laptop deserves better treatment. And so does your iPad. This handmade-in-Canada leather case (available in several sizes, from $124.99) ensconces your gadgets in cushy comfort.
4. X-mini Speakers ($29.99) When I was in New York with my girlfriends we spent our pre-party time in the hotel room sipping champagne and listening to Paul Simon (who knows why) through portable speakers. These X-minis produce a lot of volume for their size so they’re essential for anyone who loves music and traveling (read: everyone).
5. Urbanears headphones A cool, colourful upgrade to the earbuds that come with your mp3 player. I actually have two pairs of Urbanears: the Plattan (pictured, $69.99), which I use when I’m working at a café and trying to tune out those around me, and the Medis (which Caya also carries) that fit snugly in your ear.
6. Jack Spade Computer bags Sure, Jack Spade is the mantastic answer to Kate Spade, but a rugged computer bag like this (from $122.49) will be appreciated by ladies and gents alike.
You’ll find all these picks at Caya. Happy giving, friends!