All right, travel bugs, book your plane tickets! Writer and blogger Amy Chan has compiled a list of the world’s 10 best designer outlets. Don’t forget to bring an empty suitcase.
Designer digs for a fraction of the price. Yes please. Check out these outlets that offer heavily discounted luxury items from just a season or two past.
Also, if you’re from the US or Canada and shopping at one of the outlets in Europe, don’t forget to claim your tax refund of 12% upon returning home.
Bicester Village – England
· Brands: Agent Provocateur, Alexander McQueen, Anya Hindmarch, CELINE, Dior, Fendi, Gucci, Hugo Boss, Marni, Missoni, Moncler, Paul Smith, Prada, Roberto Cavalli, Salvatore Ferragamo, Thomas Pink, Tod’s, Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent
· Address: 50 Pingel Drive Bicester Oxfordshire OX26 6WD, England
· Hotel Recommendation: Retire after a day of shopping at Coworth Park, just 60 km away from the outlet.
FoxTown Outlets, Mendrisio – Switzerland
· Brands: Dior, Ferragamo, Jill Sander, Missoni, Prada, Valentino
· Address: Via A. Maspoli 18. CH-6850 Mendrisio Switzerland
· Hotel Recommendation: After a day of bargain exhaustion, celebrate your savings at Grand Hotel Tremezzo which is only 50 km away.
The Mall Outlet – Italy
· Brands: Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Ermenegildo Zegna, Emanuel Ungaro, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo, Stella McCartney, Tod’s, Yves Saint Laurent
· Address: 50066 Regello Florence, Italy
· Hotel Recommendation: Click up your heels at the Hotel Savoy. The bus station, Sita, that takes you directly to the Mall is a 5 minute walk from this hotel.
The “Space” Prada Outlet – Italy
· Brands: Miu Miu, Prada
· Address: Strada Regionale 69 (Fraz. Levanella), Montevarchi, AR 52025 Italy
· Hotel Recommendation: Continue pampering yourself at the Four Seasons Hotel Firenze. A private driver can take you to the outlet for approx. $90 euro.
Gotemba Premium Outlets – Japan
· Brands: Alexander McQueen, Bvlgari, Bottega Veneta, Chloe, Etro, Gucci, Maison Martin Margiela, Miu Miu, Prada, Tag Heuer, Valentino, Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent
· Address: 1312 Fukasawa Gotemba-Shi, Shizuoka, Japan 412-0023
· Hotel Recommendation: Rejuvenate yourself at the relaxing Gora Kadan before heading out for another day of shopping.
Joyce Outlet – Hong Kong
· Brands: Lanvin, Miu Miu, Oscar de la Renta, Viktor and Rolf
· Address: 21/F Horizon Plaza, 2 Lee Wing Street, Ap Lei
· Hotel Recommendation: Just a short cab ride away after your shopping spree is The Mandarin Oriental.
La Vallee Village – France
· Brands: Armani, Bally, CELINE, Dunhill, Givenchy, Jimmy Choo, Longchamp, Moncler, Tod’s, Valentino, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Loro Piana, Paul Smith
· Address: 3 Cours de la Garonne 77700 Serris France
Hotel Recommendation: Compare prices at all the fashion houses next to Castille Paris. Or stay at Hotel Burgundy which is close to the shuttle that takes you straight there (runs daily from Place des Pyramides at 10.15AM).
Yeoju Premium Outlet – Korea
· Brands: Bally, Bogner, Bottega Veneta, Brooks Brothers, Burberry, CELINE, Chloe, Dior, Dolce & Gabana, Escada, Fendi, Gucci, Isabel Marant, Issey Miyake, Marc Jacobs, MaxMara, Valentino Vivienne Westwood, Yves Saint Laurent, Zegna
· Address: 460 Sangeori Yeojueup Yeojugun, Korea
· Hotel Recommendation: After some retail therapy, enjoy some spa therapy at the Banyan Tree Club & Spa.
Jeremy’s – San Francisco
· Brands: Brioni, Chanel, Christian Louboutin, Lora Piana, Lanvin
· Address: 2 South Park, San Francisco, CA 94107 USA
· Hotel Recommendation: You won’t miss a bargain beat at the centrally located The St. Regis San Francisco.
Woodbury Commons – New York
· Brands: Balenciaga, Barneys New York, Bottega Veneta, Brunello Cucinelli, Chanel, Chloe, Diane Von Furstenberg, Dolce & Gabana, Etro, Fendi, Georgio Armani, Gucci, John Varvatos, La Perla, M Missoni, MaxMara, Oscar de la Renta, Prada, Roberto Cavalli, Salvatore Ferragamo, TSE, Valentino, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Zegna
· Address: 498 Red Apple Court Central Valley, NY 10917 USA
· Hotel Recommendation: Find another bargain at the affordable and luxurious Jumeirah Essex House.
[Photo found here.]
Amy Chan is the director of marketing at Kiwi Collection, the world’s largest luxury hotel reviewer. She is also an avid blogger and her articles can be found on www.amyfabulous.com.
[…] link: The 10 best designer outlets in the world | The Anthology Tags: bottega-veneta, europe, georgio-armani, […]
That San Francisco one is about a block from my work’s SF office, where I JUST was. I need to alert my compatriots!
<3 <3 <3
Wow, great list! I have been wanting to go to those Italian ones for ages now!
I used to go to Bicester Village all the time when I lived in England. It’s good. Really good. They also have a Le Creuset outlet which is great because it costs so much in Canada.
Katrina, I was just talking about how crazy expensive Le Creuset is here. I just can’t justify paying $300 for a baking dish! The only challenge is, lugging back the heavy kitchen ware from the outlet back to Vancouver…
I promise you, it’s possible!
Hi there, I will be in Florence and will be going back to The Mall. Can you tell me whether Bicester Village has better prices than at The Mall? Also, is there any way I can get to The Space without having to hire a private driver?