After | The Printed Jacket

You remember this, right? (I’m not cruel enough to repost that “before” shot again — I figured you’ve suffered through it enough).

We can all rejoice! Because thanks to the magic of tailoring, that vintage monstrosity now looks like this.

Thank heavens, right? It was dicey there for a minute.

As far as transformations go, this one was fairly simple — tucked in a few of the seams to take away its bulk.

And rolled up the sleeves (all the better to clap with, my dear).

[Shirt by JNBY, shorts by BCBGMAXAZRIA, RoseGold sandals from Holt Renfrew.]

P.S. Your weekend is about to get a lot more fun — The Anthology and Mattel are giving away Live at Squamish tickets and a Mattel Game On! prize pack. Get on it before it’s too late!

P.P.S. And those of you who are in my blogging/branding workshop at SFU this weekend, I promise to serenade you so you feel like you’re rocking out in a field with all your best friends.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Leonie August 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm

The jacket looks nice!
    NEW POST: Beautiful Industrial

• Reply Michelle August 17, 2011 at 9:28 am

The coat looks awesome! I would love to be at the SFU workshop but I’m away at a family reunion. Have fun!

• Reply Melissa August 18, 2011 at 11:49 am

Oh my gosh I am in LOVE with this. Probably one of my fav before and afters (my love of jackets could have to do with that)

• Reply Tam August 21, 2011 at 9:08 am

Your outfit is lovely!! I especially love your blazer.

Yours Truly,

• Reply Jennifer Wu September 7, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hi Kelsey,

I love the jacket and all your other before’s and after’s.

Was wondering where you go to get your clothing tailored? I have been searching high and low for a good tailor. =)

• Reply Kelsey Dundon September 7, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Hi Jennifer,

I go to Oakridge Tailors on Cambie (not in the mall). Love them!

• Reply Before | The Checkered Dress | The Anthology September 14, 2011 at 10:33 am

[…] best before/afters, shall we? Like this printed jacket “before” and “after“. Oh, and these ridiculous pants look so much better after they became shorts. […]

• Reply Manjot September 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Wow. I’ve seen so many great vintage pieces that I never buy because I never thought of tailoring them like this! You’ve got a great eye for fabulous things.

• Reply Mish October 24, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Your tailor must get SO much business from your blog! I need to find a good one here – your photos have made me realize what a necessity a good tailor is…

• Reply They don’t make ‘em like they used to… | Sense and Sustainability March 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm

[…] With a little bit of love and a dose of magic from her tailor, she took them from 0 to 60: here, here, and here. And all of this creative visioning coming from a girl who claims she can’t “sew her […]